What to look for in an agent
- Someone who is dedicated to their profession
- Someone who takes the time to determine your needs
- Someone who listens – and responds to your requests
- Is familiar with the area in which you have an interest
- Is knowledgeable about the properties in your price range
- Is willing to work with you until your needs are fulfilled
- Strong references from previous buyers/sellers
Questions to ask a prospective Realtor
- How long have you been in real estate?
- Are you a full time agent?
- Are you familiar with this area?
- How many homes did you sell last year? How many were in this area?
- What was the average price?
- How many buyers are you currently working with? How many sellers?
- Where do you feel your strengths lie?
- Will you handle all aspects of my transaction or do you have assistants?
- Can you give me the names of three buyers/sellers with whom I can check your references?
- Do you have full access to the Multiple Listing Service and do you have email to keep me abreast of new listings instantly?